Suggest treatment for chest pain

Dr. Rishi

General Surgeon

Posted on Mon, 19 Oct 2015 in General Health
Question: I have chest pain
Answered by Dr. Rishi 1 minute later
Since when is the pain?
You should see a Physician and get an ECG and a Chest XRay done and let the Physician examine you. Chest pain should not be taken lightly though it would most probably be just pain due to the muscles or ribs but still better to get it evaluated.
Take care,
Dr Rishi, New XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
Follow up: Dr. Rishi 1 hour later
should I go to the ER
Answered by Dr. Rishi 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
If it is left sided or central and is severe you should go to the ER

Detailed Answer:
If the pain is central or left sided, it could be due to the heart. And that would suggest that you should get it evaluated at the ER. No harm even if it is a false alarm and the pain is due to chest wall causes or lung problems.
Therefore, it would be safer to see a Doctor at the soonest specially if the pain is severe and there is added anxiety or feeling of giddiness or fainting, etc.
Mostly these pains could be due to sprains or strains of the chest wall but it would be better to be sure.
Take care,
Dr Rishi, New XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj