Suggest treatment for chest pain and shortness of breath post a scarlet fever episode

Dr. Sheetal Verma

Infectious Diseases Specialist

Posted on Tue, 20 Oct 2015 in Infections
Question: I recently had scarlet fever and now I'm swollen in my lower extremities ,fingers and face. I gained 14 pounds in a week experiencing heart palpatations,chest pain, and shortness of breath, also,i have these rashes popping up and i itch everywhere also when my fingers swelling goes down they get cold i been to e.r several times blood work was normal they did a chest xray and ekg also cardiac monitoring i can be sitting not have done anything and my heart will start to pound or my heart will stop then beat really quickly i am also very exhausted like i haven't slept in days
Answered by Dr. Sheetal Verma 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
Echocardiography advised.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for your query at HCM.
I understand your concern and situation.

These symptoms can be seen in patients post infection. But without taking further risk I would suggest you to visit a cardiologist and get echocardiography done which is better than ECG.
Take plenty of rest. Eat protein rich balanced diet with multivitamins and calcium supplements.

Hope I answered your query
Dr. Sheetal Verma