Suggest treatment for chest discomfort while having bronchial asthma

Dr. Panagiotis Zografakis

Posted on Tue, 6 Sep 2016 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Good afternoon. Doctor I will be very grateful if you answer me. I lately have been feeling tension with neck discomfort neck and chest. Dry throat at night. I have done 3 electrocardiogram A ecorcardiograma. Chest X-ray. complete blood test. And a thyroid ultrason. all normal. On echocardiography, the cardiologist said he gave a minimum minimal regurgitation. but it was not to worry because My heart was all well. After this examination I continue with this tension and discomfort almost every day. What another examination suggested me to do. This tension is limiting my life. the docts give any madication. it say that I do not need. What i have to do ???
Answered by Dr. Panagiotis Zografakis 41 minutes later
Brief Answer:
psychological causes?

Detailed Answer:

when doctors cannot find a diagnosis and "atypical" symptoms are the cause of investigation, it's very likely that psychological disorders are the main source of the problems. Before attributing anything to psychological causes though, the organic ones have to be excluded.

Bronchial asthma is a likely cause of chest discomfort. Wheezing, dry cough and chest tightness are the most common symptoms. They may occur periodically.
Acid reflux is another cause of chest and throat discomfort. If you have a burning sensation and sour fluid coming up to your mouth then it's a very likely diagnosis.
The cardiologist has - I'm sure - excluded any possible cardiologic cause. The minimal regurgitation it was noted (probably in the mitral valve) is very common and most cardiologists don't even tell to patients about it.

I don't suggest to do more tests unless the diagnoses I've mentioned ring any bells to you. If everything else is negative then perhaps you should consider talking with your doctor about psychosomatic disorders (depression?). Of course I haven't reviewed your tests or studied your medical history in detail. I took for granted though, that your doctors have done so and have found nothing useful towards an alternative diagnosis.

I hope it helps!
Kind Regards!