Suggest treatment for chest and stomach pain
i would need some info
Welcome to Health Care Magic.
I am Dr.Muhammad Ahmad, I have read your question in detail, I understand your concern and will try to help you in the best possible way.
In order to help you better , I would like you to give me some more information,
I will here by ask you some relevant questions to fill up the information gap.
1) Where isexactly the location of chest pain?
2) is is compresing or pricking in nature?
3) is it associated with exertion or is present at any time?
4) since when is it heppening?
5) Do you have stomach issues previously?
6( Did pain happen after meal?
7) Are you in habit or drinking fizzyseink tea coffee or caffein?
8) any meds u r taking?
Waiting for your input
M.B.B.S ( Licensed Family practitioner)
1) It is to the left side of my chest, and lately it is in the mid section where heart, lungs, upper stomach and liver meet. It's the central chest area
2) It's hard to describe. It's a nasty pain
3) It's present most of the time. Sometimes it goes on and off. When it's on, it doesn't go away for a few hours.
4) It started 3 weeks ago
6) It's always on, but I notice it intensifies 2 hour after eating something
8) Blood pressude Isbesartan 300mg and Zoloft 100mg
I take Tylenol Aspirin and Advil to relieve the pain but they don't work.
HAVE you seen my answers to your questions?
I have been to 3 emergency visits. They told me it's not hear attack and let me go. So what is it? I have severe pain that doesn't let me work or sleep. I missed one week unpain work last week.
You said you answered my question but you asked more questions rather than giving me an answer. I am still waiting for an answer from you. I answered all your 8 questions, did you receive them?
This seems like Peptic ulcer/pain issue
Thanks for writing back
I will now try to explain things to you,
First i will hereby try to talk about differentials for your better understanding and alleviating the anxiety you must be in.
1- They are NEVER sharp excruciating pains,they are dull pains like soar muscles or a compression.
2- They start with work out and go away as you are at rest.
3- When its paining they in most case get relieved by a nitroglycerin tab under tongue.
4- Regular "work out cardiac pains" (angina) usually show up in stress testing.
5- They are very rarely present in men below 40.
6- They never Get worsened by food intake, they stay the same.
7- They don't change in intensity with breathing. Or changing body position.
8- They can not be pinpointed usually they are spread over an urea of chest.
9- Usually less than 30 mins in duration.
Your pain is sharp, stays for hours and location seems to be Epigastrium so it does not seem to be heart pain as your Er doctor said too.
Peptic ulcer pain:
It is sharp,severe, , in epigastrium, stays for long times, and intensifies after meals
You pain is quite much like a stomach pain, and you are taking Asprin which usually makes it worse .
I would like you to visit a G.P , or preferably a Gastroentrologist he will be able to help you.
Till then there are certain measure you can take which will help you control your symptoms.
1) Avoid bitter sour food.
2) Avoid fizzy, sour, decaffeinated drinks, , don't take tea or coffee at all.
3) Avoid smoking and alcohol id you use them.
4) Increase fibre content in your food strictly avoid junk, use whole wheat products , you can even use fibre supplements (organic ones)
5) Eat red and white meat less for some days.
6) Reduce weight if you have more weight than you should.
Then we come to meds,
1) You can use antacids over the counter for quick relieve like syrup Gaviscon.
2) I would prescribe my patient with Omeprazole or any other PPI they really help.
3) Then my patients responded really well to prokinetics like motillium.
4) I would also ask my patients to take zantac in night if they took omerpazole in morning to add the effect.
I would like you to visit your doctor immediately and discuss all the options. Till then you can follow my suggestion for relief.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for stomach pains
- Suggest treatment for lower back and stomach pain
- Treatment for chronic stomach pain
- Suggest treatment for stomach pain and bloating
- Suggest treatment for constipation with stomach pain and vomiting
- Suggest treatment for stomach pain and back pain
- Suggest treatment for gastric problem with stomach pain
- Suggest treatment for stomach pain and loose motions
- Cerazette stomach pain treatment
- Diaherra and stomach pain treatment