Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
155 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Suggest treatment for chest and back pain

Answered by
Dr. Nishad BN

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :2009

Answered : 5222 Questions

Posted on Fri, 29 Jul 2016 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: Hi myself XXXXXXX i am suffering from chestpain from almost 6 to 7 month's and made health check up with ecg echo and tmt and Back pain from 1 week can u tell the reason and treatment
Answered by Dr. Nishad BN 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Need more information.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for asking HCM

I have gone through your query. If you provide some more information it will be more helpful.
Is the chest pain constant?
If not constant what precipitate it? Is it after exertion or after intake of food?
Is there any relieving factors like rest or by heat application?
Do you have gastritis or acid reflux?
What is the exact location of chest pain?
Is there pain while palpation or pressing on chest?

Back pain which you are having- Is it on lower back or upper back?
Do you have neck pain?
Is there any radiation of pain to buttocks or thighs or legs?
What is your age and what is your occupation?

If your ECG , TMT and ECHO are normal then most likely it is not due to cardiac problems. Most likely this is musculo-skeletal problem.
Have you done routine blood counts including ESR? If yes then please upload those reports in Report section.

Please update with above informations.
I am happy to help you.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar
Follow up: Dr. Nishad BN 16 hours later
Age 29 , Occupation Business

It is not constant sometimes their will be no time for that sir back pain is their both upper and lower sometimes thighs and legpain will be their and today i had gone for blood check up in that
Total cholesterol 197, Triglycerides 209, HDL Cholesterol 41mg/dl, LDL Cholesterol 114mg/dl, VLDL Cholesterol 42mg/dl, CHO/HDL 4.8:1 this was the report

I Have acid reflux , centre in and around chest i am getting pain sir, some times shoulder and neck pain will be their

Please tell me the solution for how to control cholesterol and what is the reason for getting pains sir
Answered by Dr. Nishad BN 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
There is Dyslipiaemia from your Lipid profile.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome again.

Thank you for your follow up.

From your Lipid profile- there is dyslipidaemia. Triglycerides are increased , LDL is high comparative to HDL. Total cholesterol is not that high. Dyslipidaemia also causes some amount of body pain.
Diet and life style modification is enough for this. Avoid sweets , junk foods like chips , cakes , biscuits. These food items has more trans fats and sugars which will shoot up triglycerides and LDL. Take fatty fish like mackeral , sardines etc or take fish oil capsules. Have 1 hour exercise daily. You can walk at 8km per hour speed or jogging or swimming or playing sports like batminton. After 1 month recheck your Lipid profile again. If not normal again then you can take low dose statins.
For acid reflux you can take proton pump inhibitors like esomeprazole and motility enhancers like domperidone for 1 month. This gastric reflux can give chest pain and upper back discomfort due to gastric and esophageal irritation.
Also check your vitamin D and B12 levels in blood. Reason for musculo skeletal pain can be from these deficiencies also. If it is that then taking supplements of these will help. Make your posture proper. Use hard bed for sleeping. Avoid high pillows and use orthopaedic pillows while sleeping. Use a pillow under your knees also. You can also do warm compress on back and apply gels containing NSAIDs like Volini gel.
If still there is no improvement after all these measures then you can take X rays of cervical and lumbar sine to rule out problems like spondylosis, which also can give such symptoms. In that case a consultation with orthopaedician will be nededed.

Let me know if anything not clear.
I am happy to help you.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,   ,   ,  
Lab Tests ,  
Medical Topics

Recent questions on  Gastritis

doctor1 MD

I have been experiencing severe gastritis. Endoscope showed pre-pyloric inflammation. No other damage was visible. We are waiting on results of the...

doctor1 MD

My doctor diagnosed me with gastritis in May of 2010. I have continued to have these attacks since. I have a dull constant pain and a stabbing...

doctor1 MD

Hello, today Ive noticed my pee to be cloudy with a strong and unusual Oder. I was wondering if there could be any suggestions on what that could...

doctor1 MD

I have gastritis and take prescription Prilosec daily. Recently I will have a funny feeling, almost like light pressure under my left breast. I...

doctor1 MD

I ve been pretty sick fora week. It began when my GP thought I might have clot in my right leg (swelling, redness , warmth) so she sent me to the...

doctor1 MD

I have a pain on the right side of chest more toward the back. I feel it when I take a deep breath, or cough . and it feels almost like a sore...

doctor1 MD

Pain on left upper side of chest, out of breath, sweating in cold room, extremely fatigued and acid reflux .