Get LFT. Follow Advise mentioned below.
Hi , I am Dr Anshul Varshney , I have read your query in detail , I understand your concern.
If your are being treated for Pulmonary Tuberculosis
, treatment is indicated for 6 months.
The problems of Chest Pain
, Bloating , Gastritis
commonly occur with consumption of Anti Tubercular Drugs.
However , these symptoms mostly occur in initial months of the treatment. If you had no problem during the initial 2 months of the treatment and developed problems now , i advise you following :
1. Liver Function Test (LFT) - Anti Tubercular Treatment (ATT) can cause Acute Hepatitis
, that is ATT induced Hepatitis (Jaundice
). Hepatitis also many times present with the same symptoms. So , get a LFT to be sure.
2. You may instead of taking Sompraz D once a day , take a combination of Pantoprazole
40 mg + Domperidone
10 mg one tablet TWICE A DAY.
3. You may take Gelusil / Digene Syrup twice or thrice a day for symptomatic relief.
4. Take Soft , Bland , light diet. Take frequent meals instead of 3 heavy meals.
5. Abstain from Alcohol and smoking , in case you do.
6. Lastly , if your LFT comes out to be normal , and you don't get relief by above mentioned wayouts , you may take R-Cinex after breakfast instead of taking it empty stomach as is directed while prescribing R-Cinex. But this method should be opted at last only.
This is my personal opinion based on details available here. If you still have any query you may please ask me.
Dr Anshul Varshney , MD