Suggest treatment for cherry hemangioma on arms

Dr. Bonnie Berger-Durnbaugh

Posted on Fri, 24 Mar 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: once in awhile I get this weird sore on my arm and it bleeds. it's like a purple red sore. then it disappears and comes back. some one told me it's because of thin skin. your thoughts?
Answered by Dr. Bonnie Berger-Durnbaugh 54 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Information

Detailed Answer:

I think you should have this sore looked at in person. A sore that keeps re-emerging in the same place is not normal. It's possible it's a cherry hemangioma (which is a benign growth from blood vessels) but it should be checked regardless because it could be a cancerous growth as well, that is getting superficially scratched off and regrows. It could be a wound that fails to heal adequately as well.

So - best to have this looked at in person. If you have a dermatologist, it would be best to see him or her.

I hope this information helps give you some direction for what to do.