Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
127 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Suggest treatment for chemical eye burns

Answered by
Dr. N. K. Misra


Practicing since :1977

Answered : 1253 Questions

Posted on Tue, 23 Aug 2016 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Question: Peroxi clear in eye, how to treat?
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Chemical injury

Detailed Answer:
My dear,
Thanks for sending your query to us.
This is a chemical injury to outer layer of cornea.What is to be done is to rinse with water 3to4 times and put lubricant eye drops like Refresh tears eye drop or Tears natural eye drop almost half hourly.Hopefully irritation will subside as healing starts in about 4hours.We need antibiotic eye drops if infection is suspected,not now.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Veerisetty Shyamkumar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Medical Topics

Recent questions on  Cornea

doctor1 MD

I was at my pharmacy yesterday to get a refill of fluorometholone which I use to prevent rejection of a cornea transplant. I was told by the...

doctor1 MD

my 12 month old granddaughter was born with Peter s anomaly and has had a recent eye acuity test that resulted in a result that was at least 2400....

doctor1 MD

Hi Doctor Please suggest what is this problem on eyes and how it can be cured.

doctor1 MD

I had cataract surgery just a little over 3 weeks ago in my left eye. The next day I noticed a "shadow" in the corner of that eye. My eye doctor...

doctor1 MD

Hi! When I woke this morning I had a slight pain in my right eye from any light. Please advise.

doctor1 MD

hi, i was wondering on which effects a pregnancy can have on a patient with keratoconus? There are some theories about a mutation of the cornea due...

doctor1 MD

I have a clear sack or raised blister like area on my eyeball It's confined to sclera and does not pass over cornea. It is causing discomfort, I...