Suggest treatment for chemical burns on using Condyline

Dr. Richa Agarwal

OBGYN

Posted on Tue, 18 Nov 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hi, I have experience chemical burns due to using condyline 0.5% solution on genital warts. The skin around the base of my vagina is very red and raw and has an unpleasant smell, as well as some blood and weeping. Can I use fucidin or soframycin to help the healing process? How can I help the healing process? Thank you!
Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 37 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You can use antiinflammatory agent.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing to us about it.

I can understand your concern here.

The treatment of your trouble-

Wash the affected area with cold soapy water.
- You can apply antiinflammatory agent like hydrocortisone cream on it.
- You can use mild analgesic for pain.

Hydrocortisone is more efficient because it is due to inflammatory response produce by the drug.

When the inflammatory response settle down, and so you can use Fucidin and soframycin on it.

If symptoms are not responding to treatment, please consult your treating physician for the same.

Hope it is useful, feel free to ask more.

Good luck.
Dr.Richa
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D