• question-icon

    Suggest treatment for chemical burns on the shaft of the penis

Posted on Wed, 19 Apr 2017 in Men's Health
Question: Hi, I managed to get hand sanitiser on my penis which caused intense pain around the bell end base and near the urethra entrance. Immediately washed off but too late, skin on penis looked dry.
It is day 2 now and the pain has subdued but still there. Please suggest options to relieve discomfort?
Thank you XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 46 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You have chemical burn over shaft of penis .

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for query .

Based on what you have stated you seem to have sustained chemical burn of the shaft of the penis and external meatus .

wash your genitals with warm water and apply Calamine Lotion over entire penis thrice daily .

It should get cured within 2-3 days .

Taking antibiotic like Norfloxacin twice daily will help to prevent infection .

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Thank you Doctor XXXXXXX I will pop down to the chemist for the calamine lotion.
Excellent service.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
O K Bye

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for follow up .

Calamine lotion is easily available ove the counter of pharmacy .

It works very well .

Thanks and Regards.
Dr Patil.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar
Answered by
Dr. P. T. Patil


Practicing since :1971

Answered : 10178 Questions


The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on

Recent questions on  Norfloxacin

doctor1 MD

I have been diagnosed with Hypothyroid and taking medicine for the last 6 months, For the first Month 50mg been prescribed , from 2nd month 125 mg...

doctor1 MD

                                              Ii am suffering from 1.pain in left side of lower abdomen going to scrotal area(left). 2. burning...

doctor1 MD

certainly doctor
i have a query
i am experiencing a kind of urinary tract infection. i first noticed a pus like substance oozing out of my urethra....

doctor1 MD

Hi I have the urge to urinate very frequently. I am a female and I m not pregnant. I used Noroxin. It helped for a few days but then the same...

doctor1 MD

I got viral fever 1 week back and took dolo for 5 days and i was ok. I was asked to get URINE C/S test done. I am attaching report. Please review...

doctor1 MD

moderate to accute pain lower abdomin, hard time emptying my bladder

doctor1 MD

My Father noticed that over last 6 Months or so that when he urinates it seems to have slowed down, as though something was restricting the flow.He...

Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties

189 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM Blog Questions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction
Questions Answered By Dr. P. T. Patil
  • Q - Have stomach pain, fever and loose stool. On omniprzole and ciplox. Any...

  • Q - Have had cyst removed from lips and noticed rigidness. Will it cure on...

  • Q - On medication for BP, body pain and frequent urination. Getting weakness...

  • Q - Having pain in testicle and noticed dark skin on it. What to do?

  • Q - Took medication for neurological problem and never had a desire for...

  • Q - Experiencing prolonged menstrual periods. What to do?

  • Q - Have increase frequency and urgency of urination. Any treatment?

  • Q - Why does my penis look small when not erect?

  • Q - Having on and off mouth ulcer. What is causing this and how to get rid...

  • Q - Noticed movable lump on the side of abdomen. What could it be?