Suggest treatment for cheilitis
Seems to be cheilitis, cortisone cream, moisturising cream & antihistaminic
Thanks for being at HealthcareMagic
According to your complaints it seems to be cheilitis which is inflammation of the lips.
It can be due to cold dry weather, extreme heat, excessive sun exposure, change of toothpaste or lip balm or any food allergy.
If I was your treating doctor I would recommend you to apply a topical steroid like cortisone cream on the itchy and flaky areas twice daily along with frequent and liberal application of a moisturising cream containing white soft paraffin on the entire lips 3-4 times in a day.
For itching take antihistaminic like tablet Cetrizine 10 mg once or twice daily depending on the intensity of itching.
I would recommend you to upload the photographs of the affected area so that I can have a clearer picture of the condition and can guide you accordingly.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Homeopathy treatment for cheilitis glandularis
- Treatment and cure for cheilitis
- Angular cheilitis treatment prescription
- Treatment and cure for Actinic cheilitis
- Treatment and cure for exfoliative cheilitis
- Treatment and cure for granulomatous cheilitis
- Angular cheilitis treatment fucidin
- Treatment and cure for angular cheilitis
- Laser treatments and exfoliative cheilitis
- Exfoliative cheilitis treatment 2010