Suggest treatment for chalazion on the eyelid

Dr. Harish Naik

Posted on Thu, 15 Oct 2015 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Question: I have no gotten my 4th chalazion on right eyelid, in the past year or so. What might be causing this? what is best treatment? what type of Doctor should I see?
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Excision is there next best line of management.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to HCM

I have gone through your query, recurrent chalazia due to very oily eyelids and a tendency to get clogged up meibomian glands.
It may be related to genetics, skin type, dietary intake, the level of stress hormones, and other factors that we don't even understand yet.

I would have suggested you healthy diet rich in good fruits and vegetables with lots of good hydration every day. Keep the stress level down. Keep excellent lid hygeine by using warm soaks on lids every day and possibly using sterilid or ocusoft lid scrubs on lids daily.

As you have mentioned about the steroid shot, I would have referred you to opthalmologist for examination and excision of it.

Hope this helps.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj