• question-icon

Suggest treatment for cervical spondylosis

Posted on Mon, 19 Jan 2015 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: Hello Doc,

Thanks for your words and insights about my cervical spondylosis. I would like to ask another question. I have been wearing the neck brace. Over the weekend, I did not really wear it. On Sunday night, I began to feel weak and may arms and legs felt heavy. Shortly after, I felt a pressure behind my nose and in the dorsal part of the root of my mouth. This gave me the feeling of a difficulty breathing because of the pressure. Today, it happened again. I had the neck brace off for a few hours and i began to have the same symptoms with neck tension and the same pressure behind the nose bridge. It seems like all this is happening when I let my neck "roam" freely on its on.
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
You can use neck brace whenever you have symptoms

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome back

After going through your query and previous query, I concluded that your symptoms increased when you are not using neck brace. So at this moment I want to say that cervical brace keeps your neck somewhat distracted and pressure on nerves decreased. When you do not use it, pressure on nerves may increase causing weakness and symptoms. You can use neck brace whenever you has such symptoms. Cervical traction sessions ( a kind of Physiotherpy) may benefit you. Rest you can continue with previous discussion. You can discuss with your doctor about it.

Hope your query is answered. If you have any clarification then please don't hesitate to write to me. I will be happy to help you.

Wishing you a good health.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E
Dr. Sudhir Kumar

Orthopaedic Surgeon