Suggest treatment for cervical dystonia and arthritis
Stretching of muscle will help
Thanks for posting
The Cramps(twitching) are caused by hyper excitability of the nerves that stimulate the muscles. Cramps at rest are very common, especially in older adults, but may be experienced at any age, including childhood. Rest cramps often occur during the night.
While not life threatening, night cramps (commonly known as nocturnal cramps) can be painful, disruptive of sleep, and they can recur frequently (that is, many times a night, and/or many nights each week). The actual cause of night cramps is unknown.
The cause of cramps is as following-
1. Low blood levels of either calcium or magnesium directly increase the excitability of both the nerve endings and the muscles they stimulate. This may be a predisposing factor for the spontaneous true cramps experienced by many adults.
2. On drugs which causes excessive urination. Leading to low calcium, Magnesium, potassium level. Drugs given for asthma, angina and Parkinsonism also lead to cramps. Cholesterol lowering drugs like statin also cause cramps on chronic use.
3. Several vitamin deficiency states may directly or indirectly lead to muscle cramps. These include deficiencies of thiamine (B1), pantothenic acid (B5), and pyridoxine (B6).
Most cramps can be stopped if the muscle can be stretched. Gently massaging the muscle will often help it to relax, as will applying warmth from a heating pad or hot soak.
A simple way to prevent night cramp is stretch muscle before going to bed 3-4 times and each time holding for 10-15 seconds. Quinine water tonic is also useful to prevent night cramps before going to bed.
I hope this information will be helpful to prevent night cramps. If you have further query I shall be glad to answer.
Cervical nerve irritation/stimulation is the cause
I have gone through your reply carefully and the cause of twitching is irritation/stimulation of cervical spine secondary to arthritis.These are usually treated by shots/pills of vitamin B12 and by drug Gabapentin/Pregablin along with neck muscle strengthening exercises..Get it prescribed by your local doctor.
Hope this answers your query.
I have gone through the whole discussion till now and early fatigue is a know symptom of dystonia .
My suggestions are-
1.Keep a positive attitude and try to do regular exercises and have balanced diet especially vitamin B12 supplements.
2.Drugs which helps in cervical dystonia and twitchings are Gabapentin/pregablin.Get them prescribed by your doctor.
3.In cervical dystonia not responding to above treatment,injection therapy in form of botox may be considered.
4.A visit to neurologist is highly recommended.
Hope this suffices.
Regards and wishing you best of health in new year.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Cervical dystonia and adderall
- Natural treatment for cervical dystonia
- Natural cures for cervical dystonia
- Treatment and cure for inherited cervical dystonia
- Cervical dystonia ayurveda
- Cervical dystonia ayurvedic treatment
- Treatment and cure for cervical dystonia
- Early stages of cervical dystonia
- Osteoarthritis cervical dystonia
- Cervical dystonia homiopathy treatment
- What causes severe leg pain?
- What causes severe leg pain?
- What causes persistent leg pain after a fracture?
- Suggest treatment for tennis elbow
- What causes joint pain?
- What does my lower back x-ray report indicate?
- What causes leg cramps at night?
- What is carpal tunnel syndrome?
- What causes pain in back radiating to groin area post injury?
- What causes numbness of left leg, buttock and abdomen?