Suggest treatment for cellulitis on face and swollen eyes

Dr. Rahul Kumar

Dermatologist

Posted on Sat, 8 Nov 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hi, I have cellulitis on my face looks port wine red, it is making my eye all swollen, went to an urgent care place and the doctor gave me clindamyacin 300 mg, 3x daily. although its not getting worse, but it doesnt seem to be getting better. Gross note there is clear yellow and milky pus coming from the area that takes over my whole left cheek. I am using warm compressess. Is there any thing else that I can do? Also experiencing swollen lymph nodes under my chin the size of a golf ball, not sure if related, but happened around the same time. also have a low grade fever 99.4 F thank you
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
photograph required

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for the quey. Cellulitus of face may require treatment with injectable antibiotics. Ad it is a dangerous condition.
Can you please upload a photograph of the involved area.
This will help me in giving a closer diagnosis.
There is an option to do so on right side of query page. You can also send it to YYYY@YYYY with subject as attn Dr XXXXXXX Kumar. Waiting for your response.
Thank you
Follow up: Dr. Rahul Kumar 6 hours later
when I tried to up load the picture it said internal server error. do you think I should go to the hosptial?
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
go to hospital

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Yes please go to hospital.
Cellulitis of face is dangerous thing and cannot be left like that.
Let me know if you have any other doubts.
Thank you
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj