Suggest treatment for cellulitis in foot

Question
I am taking the ciproxin & Delacin C I thought it was helping but its five days now and my foot still feels like its on fire its hot to the touch I put ICE I have massaged it with Arnica there has to be something I can take by mouth as my veins are no good last time I had to have a central line put in
Posted Sun, 31 Aug 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
explained..

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome

I have read your history carefully and have seen the meds that you are using, please continue the medication.

Antibiotic regimens are effective in more than 90% of patients. However, all but the smallest of abscesses require drainage for resolution, regardless of the microbiology of the infection. In many instances, if the abscess is relatively isolated, with little surrounding tissue involvement, drainage may suffice without the need for antibiotics.

• Needle aspiration should be performed only in selected patients and/or in unusual cases, such as in cases of cellulitis with bullae or in patients who have diabetes, are immune compromised, are not responding to empiric therapy, or have a history of animal bites or immersion injury

Dissection of the underlying fascia to assess for necrotizing fasciitis may be determined by surgical consultation or indicated following initial evaluation and imaging studies like ultra sound and CT scan or plain x ray of the site

I would advise you to fix a visit with a general surgeon to asses the need for
ASPIRATION, DISSECTION OR BIOPSY of the affected foot

•A complete blood cell (CBC) count often shows leukocytosis in the setting of severe disease; leukopenia may also be present in severe disease, especially in cases of toxin-mediated cellulitis

•The erythrocyte sedimentation rate (ESR) and C-reactive protein (CRP) level are also frequently elevated, especially in patients with severe disease requiring prolonged hospitalization[61]

•In most cases of cellulitis, blood cultures are neither necessary nor cost-effective but they should be done in patients with moderate to severe disease
Current data suggest that ultrasonography may play a role in the detection of occult abscess and direction of care, especially in an emergency department setting.[5] Ultrasonographic- guided aspiration of pus has been shown to shorten hospital stay

If a complicated or deep infection is suspected, imaging studies and/or surgical consultations should be done promptly
For serious infections, perform a blood culture, Gram stain, and culture of needle aspiration or punch biopsy specimens to pinpoint the cause.

let me know if you have any query
thanks