Suggest treatment for cat scratch
Suggestions on cat scratch - Vaccine
Rabies is usually more possible from unprovoked bites from rabid animals especially dogs. Will suggest some things which keep your mind at peace-
1. Assess whether it us a provoked or scratch from the cat? That is think if the cat had scratched after it was irritated for some reason like being hungry or being pregnant or a lactating cat feeding kitten etc.
2. If the cat is rabid it us unlikely to live more than 10 days from now... So keep a track of that particular cat & if its alive after 10 days.... Be rest assured that nothing is going to happen.
3. Washing with running water and soap was an excellent & medically approved first aid after the scratch... Don't worry.
4. What the Dr said is theoretically & technically correct, but it might not be a rabid animal at all.
I suggest your son to complete the all 6 vaccine shots in the schedule, being 0,3,7,14,28 & 90 days shots.
Kindly get back with answer to my question number 1, so that I will be in a better position to reassure you.
I am happy to help anytime. Further clarifications on this website are welcome.
Regards - Dr. Sumanth.
Reply about Question 1. My son said the kitten was being attacked by a bigger cat so he picked the kitten up and took him into his house but the kitten was scared and tried to get away - he scratched my son's arm with his back leg when it was wriggling to get out of the houe. So it was clearly a provoked scratch from the kitten. It is a stray kitten but it has been seen around the complex where my son lives for the past few days.
No need to be alarmed
Hi.... You need not be alarmed. It's surely a provoked bite as the kitten was scared to death and it didn't realize that it was being rescued. I suggest your son to complete the schedule as suggested by me....its 0, 3, 7, 14, 28 & 90 days.
Regards - Dr. Sumanth
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment and cure for cat scratch disease
- A treatment cat scratch my eye
- Suggest treatment for ocd treatment
- Treatment for dog scratches
- Suggest treatment for uti when on treatment for dementia
- Suggest treatment for face swelling following dental treatment
- Wound treatment for scratch on buttocks
- Treatment and cure for scratch fever
- Treatment and cure for scratch injury
- Suggest treatment for low fever with productive cough treatment