Suggest treatment for cat scratch
Not needed if no bleeding
Thanks for your query.
There can be three levels of animal bite.
If the skin is intact, then vaccination is not required at all.
If there were abrasions, but no bleeding, then the situation is indeterminate. The animal should be placed under observation for 10 days for any signs of rabies. Vaccination should be started right away and discontinued once animal shows no signs of rabies.
If bleeding occurred, vaccine and rabies immunoglobulin have to be administered.
You can still get the vaccine.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment and cure for cat scratch disease
- A treatment cat scratch my eye
- Suggest treatment for ocd treatment
- Treatment for dog scratches
- Suggest treatment for uti when on treatment for dementia
- Suggest treatment for face swelling following dental treatment
- Wound treatment for scratch on buttocks
- Treatment and cure for scratch fever
- Treatment and cure for scratch injury
- Suggest treatment for low fever with productive cough treatment