Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for carbuncles

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 3025 Questions
dear sir, please guide me about my father disease . my father is 57 year old he is suffering from kidney failure. he is at home dialysis like CAPD. but right now he is also suffering from cellulitus skin disease at thigh near penis . each time when we will push to thigh, the blood is comming out so please guide me some medicine and some cure so that they feel ok ..he feel very pain ...
Posted Thu, 27 Feb 2014 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 59 minutes later
Brief Answer: detail follows Detailed Answer: Hello dear, Welcome to XXXXXXX I am Dr. Anshul Varshney. I have read your query and understood your concern for your father. I am really feeling sorry for the condition of your father. I will try my best to solve your query. Firstly i will like to know how did you come to know about the diagnosis of skin disease 'CELLULITIS'? Did your treating doctor confirm the diagnosis ? Because before i can comment something on treatment , i should be sure of the diagnosis . Cellulitis is infection of skin involving deeper tissues as well. It is characterised by red colored painful swelling, tender to touch , with raised overlying temperature. I will advice you to attach a pic of the skin lesion and answer my queries so that i can help you further. Thanx. Good luck.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for carbuncles 16 hours later
Good after noon sir, Sir as far your concern i have attached some pic /vedio of my father skin . sir my father having diagnosis from SGPGI lucknow. my father is suffering with this kedney failure disease from last 2.5 year . Actually sir 7 days back he has at SGPGI for treatment of infection in stomach . there doctors have taken care about only kedney disease. When we said that about this spot(skin disease) at thigh they said this is nothing and you take him to different doctor for daily dressing . they said my work is only for kedney problem and they said your father is well due to CAPD after blood (critine,uria etc.) report . sir my father is also suffering from sugar. And finally when my father has come at home we will take him to different doctor and they said this is cellulitis . i am sending doctors prescription also. Home town doctor said let him to SGPGI again for this no one manage with this disease in this area. And SGPGI doctors said let him to go at home and refer to some good doctors who based on all this disease . Actually SGPGI doctors have tested that blood or piss which coming from hole. Sir in this area of skin is red and there are so many hole like 3-4 hole and currently two hole is in active from which the piss or blood is coming out when we press. And from one hole the sound is comming (fsss...)when we press to clean this hole. It indicate that this hole is deeper . sir please help me and writes some ointment /medicine with take care of all these below points. 1: kedney fail 2: CAPD dialsis is going on 3: sugar Patient I am send vedio and as wel as pic for better understanding . Thanks
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 2 hours later
Brief Answer: detail follows Detailed Answer: Hello dear, Welcome again. I saw all the pics. It seems your father is suffering from carbuncles. It is like an abscess with opening on the surface draining pus. In diabetics and immunocompromised persons, such infections are very common. For the condition, there are number of drugs like augmentin, cefoperazone . But renal modification of doses is required in all, that will depend on the kidney function test. The dose is decided on the basis of the levels of urea, creatinine. I will advice you to admit your father in a hospital so that correct dosages can be given along with monitoring of the kidney function tests. Here on XXXXXXX we as doctors cannot monitor the kidney function tests, we can only advice you in right direction. Your father needs treatment under supervision, as this infection can lead to acute complication on chronic kidney disease due to sepsis. If you have any further queries, you may ask me. Else you may close the discussion and rate it.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Nephrologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor