Suggest treatment for canker sores
My canker sore has left a scar i am taking Gene Edin Vir. for the last 15 days.Please suggest its a proper treatment?
Please send a picture of the sores and any test report you have so far...
I understand your concern.
- 67 years old male
- personal history of recent canker sore (inside your mouth I believe)
- meds used so far: Vivachclovir (I believe it's valacyclovir) for 5 days followed by Gene Edin Vir for the last 15 days
- worried about scars
Can you send a picture of the canker sores and please give in details their location?
Have you done any test so far? Can you send the reports in?
To your information, canker sores are not like cold sores; they are also called aphtous stomatitis. They are not caused by herpes virus, but to physical or chemical trauma. So, treatment should not be by using anti-virals.
So, in your case, should determine the right diagnosis first: if it is a case of canker sore or cold sore as treatment is different. That's why I asked to send me a picture of the sores with details on their location.
Hi back XXXXXXX
Thank you for providing additional information regarding your health problems.
I am happy to come to know that you want to move off meds and try other natural solutions with less side effects.
There are 2 things I want to point out:
1. It will take a few more days to get the desired effects from taking natural supplements.
2. So far, I did not come to interactions between the ingredients of both products; so can use them.
However, to keep safe, try to finish Gene Edin Vir first then, restart Neurogenetic solution JNK supplement.
So far, HbA1C is a bit higher than normal but is within acceptable range. So, Glimepiride use should be discussed as to my opinion you should not continue taking it; while you should continue taking Metformin.
With regards to antihypertensive drugs you are taking, I advise not to discontinue them right now, but after 1 month or so when your BP will keep staying normal.
So, during this month, you can cut the dosage of the meds until discontinuing them when parameters are within normal range even after cutting the dosage.
Hope this helps.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for canker sores inside the lip
- What treatment is suggested for canker sore on lower lip
- Recurrent canker sores in children suggest the treatment
- Treatment and cure for canker sore
- Canker sore treatment
- Treatment and cure for canker sore gel
- Tongue canker sores treatment
- Suggest treatment for canker sores and red dots on cheek
- Treatment and cure for canker sore cause
- Treatment and cure for white canker sore