Suggest treatment for canker sores and jaw pain

Dr. Honey Arora

Dentist

Posted on Tue, 16 Aug 2016 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: I have canker sores in my mouth and bad joint pain in my jaw
Answered by Dr. Honey Arora 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Needs further evaluation..

Detailed Answer:
Hi..
Welcome to HEALTHCARE MAGIC..

I have gone through your query and can understand your concerns..

As per your complain Canker Sores can occur due to a number of causes like Iron and Vitamin B12 deficiencies, excess intake of sour foods, side effects of medicines, allergy etc..

Nothing to worry, start gargling with warm saline solution, if there is pain in sores you can apply numbing gel containing Lignocaine, take a Vitamin B complex tablet for a week, avoid spicy food.

As per your second complain pain in jaw joint can be due to multiple reasons..
Please answer the following questions so that I can guide you better..
1.Is there pain in jaw all the time or occur during jaw movement like chewing, yawning etc?
2.Since how long is the pain present?
3.Is the pain associated with swelling and is the pain on one side or both sides?
4.Do you have teeth grinding or clenching habit?
5. Any recent history of face or jaw trauma?

Please revert back with answers..

Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad