Suggest treatment for callus on the toe

Dr. Diptanshu Das

Pediatrician

Posted on Thu, 20 Oct 2016 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: My toddler son has a rough dark callous on his big toe that is concerning me as it isnt going away. Attached is a picture. Please advise.
Answered by Dr. Diptanshu Das 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Antifungal + antibiotic ointment needed

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone through your query and have checked the attachment. What you mention as callus is not actually a callus. The nail bed seems to have been infected. A combination of fungal and bacterial cause is likely. You need to apply a combination of antifungal like clotrimazole and antibacterial like mupirocin. Since it is a young child, I would also suggest you to visit a dermatologist and get him evaluated further.

Let me know if I could help further.