Suggest treatment for calcaneum fracture
Calcaneum fracture generally require 3 weeks of immobilisation .
Thanks for your query
I'm Dr Sudhir Kumar
I have gone through your query and understand your concern. You got fractured your calcaneum. Your pain and swelling is gradually decreasing. It is normal to be bruised and swelling at two weeks. I think you can now stop icing. But elevation should be continued specially during during resting hours and nights. Active mobilisation of toes is helpful in reducing swelling. Some swelling at leg is expected during walking. But swelling is significantly decreased, it is good. I think you can to change over to smaller boot after 1 Week ( three weeks after injury) . However it depends on type and extend of fracture, and your treating doctor is best to decide.
You can discuss with your doctor about it.
Hope your query get answered. If you have any clarification then I will be happy to help you.
Wishing you a good health.
It may be some muscular injury when you got fracture.
Pain can be due to some injury to muscle when you got fracture but it is not of much worry as you have no swelling and redness and pain is gradually decreasing. Active toe movements will be helpful in reducing pain and healing.
Everything else already discussed.
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.
If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback.
In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:
Wishing you good health
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What treatment is suggested for fractured distal fibula
- Fractured in thigh bone suggest me the treatment
- Treatment for a spiral fracture of the wrist
- Hairline fracture elbow treatment
- Suggest treatment for fractured penis
- Suggest treatment for tibia displacement due to a fracture
- Suggest treatment for ankle fracture
- Suggest treatment for pain due to fracture
- Suggest treatment for rib fracture pain
- Suggest treatment for stress fracture on foot