Suggest treatment for burning sensation on penis tip

Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti

Dermatologist

Posted on Tue, 26 Aug 2014 in General Health
Question: I have burning sensation most of the time on tip of penis after have un protected sex also my viens have come really visible what could it be I have had std tests and all come back negative
Answered by Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti 20 minutes later
Brief Answer:
May be due to Friction or irritation

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thank you for query.I am Dr Bharatesh D Basti answering your query.
It is not clear about any rash presence, or discharge or any other symptoms.I presume there is no other symptoms.
Burning sensation may be due to irritation or dryness or friction or fungal infection also
You can first try using some natural lubricant oils prior to intercourse.
Young age may cause more friction. so avoid any forceful friction during intercourse.
Veins do dilate during the erection process.So it is normal.so you need not worry.
If it is too dilated or tortuous then you need to consult which is unlikely
All your STDs tests are normal so do not worry. allay all fears.
You can get back to me for any clarifications .
Thank you
Dr Bharatesh

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Follow up: Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti 22 minutes later
No there's no discharge but the pain has got worse as weeks gone on and viens seem to be spreading more daily . Thanks
Answered by Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Some more suggestions

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thank you for follow up query.
It is good that there is no discharge.
If veins are too dilated or tortuous then you need to consult which is unlikely.
Pain is a new symptom you are quoting now.If pains is during sex or persists later also in the penis then you get yourself examined by a doctor thoroughly.
You can take plenty of water also to prevent any urinary tract infections also.
If your partner has symptoms like white discharge or itching in the vaginal area it may be due to fungal infection also.And both need to take antifungals topical and oral.
You can get back to me for any clarifications else please close the discussion and rate.
Thank you
Dr Bharatesh