Suggest treatment for burning sensation on arms

General Surgeon
Question
I was mixing paint yesterday with paint thinner. I only gots a few drop on my arms, I washed up and was fine. Today I got in the sun and my arms are burning. Aloe works for about 20 minutes then the burn comes back. I have tried a long cold shower also. What will take this burn away? I don't have any blister just redness.
Posted Mon, 11 Aug 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 44 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It is Photo sensitivity

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to Healthcare-Magic
Greetings of the day

Dear Mr XXXX

The redness is likely to be due to photo sensitivity on exposure to sunlight.
I would suggest you the following
1. Local application of Calamine lotion over the affected part
2. Wearing appropriate clothing to shield the affected area from further exposure to sunlight

Do get back to me if you need any further assistance, will be glad to assist you.

Best regards
Dr Deepak XXXXXXX
MBBS, MS, MCh