Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

185 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Suggest treatment for burning sensation in the vagina

Answered by
Dr. Shanti Vennam


Practicing since :1989

Answered : 7332 Questions

Posted on Wed, 30 May 2018 in Women's Health
Question: It itches an burns in my vaginal area. Often, my rear hurts and I worry about cancer. My hemoglobin is usually around 9.8
The left side of my jaw is sore. Sometimes, it is difficult to open my mouth fully I have a couple of sore teeth on the left & upper side as well.
Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please get further evaluation.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.

I have gone through your query and would like to offer some information.

1. If you experience itching and burning in your vaginal region, you have to get a proper clinical evaluation. You may need swabs from the cervix and vagina, urinalysis, a pap smear and check for infection. Appropriate management can then be initiated.

2. Why do you worry about cancer? Do you find any abnormal symptoms or have you experienced loss of any one close enough due to cancer? Pain in the back is a vague and general symptom and has to be checked by a physician for proper appraisal.

3. Hemoglobin level of 9.8 is indicative of anemia. This needs nutritive and supplement correction and also correction of any causative factors like heavy periods etc.

4. For treatment of sore teeth and the associated discomfort you are experiencing, you should see a dentist. Dental guard is often helpful to protect the teeth during sleep. Temporo-mandibular joint dysfunction is another condition that should be excluded.

Hope your query has been answered. Please feel free to contact for further clarifications. I will be happy to help.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on