Suggest treatment for burning sensation during urination

Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha

Posted on Fri, 11 May 2018 in General Health
Question: I have burning when I urinate, Urinary tract infection was ruled out, all cultures came back normal. Tried a steroid cream no luck, Dr mentioned low estrogen, don't want to take estrogen what can I do to stop this, been suffering a month already.

Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hormone deprivation likely cause. HRT should help.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. I would insist you to upload the urine routine microscopy result (which was possibly done along with the cultures). I am looking for the pus cell count. Your doctor is right in suggesting that low estrogen is a likely cause and that hormone replacement therapy (HRT) should help. Could you please mention why you do not want to take it (or apply as cremes)? Unless you opt for the treatment you would not be relieved.

Let me know if I could help further.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 13 hours later
Unfortunately, I'm nervous taking oestrogen due to side effects, specifically Cancer.
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 38 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Need not worry about side effects

Detailed Answer:
You need not worry about cancer, especially by exposure at this stage of life. In this case the risk reward ratio seems favorable.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj