Suggest treatment for burning pain in upper right quadrant

Dr. Ratnakar Kini

Gastroenterologist

Posted on Mon, 6 Jun 2016 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: I have an achy burning sensation, upper right quadrant, seems t have worsened over past few weeks. Doesn't feel worse when I eat, if anything a bit lessened shortly after. . Bowel habits somewhat less consistent. No vomiting or nausea. 2 years ago had upper and lower GI series -negative. Discomfort "seems" to coincide with starting to take low-dose aspirin, and also turmeric. I stopped last night. (so far no change)
I can schedule an appointment w local specialist maybe 10 days -2 weeks out. Meanwhile, thoughts?
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Acid peptic disease /drug induced gastritis

Detailed Answer:
I am Dr.R.K and I am pleased to assist you.

Burning pain in the right upper quadrant could be due to acid peptic disease.
Since the pain started after taking aspirin, it is likely to be due to drug induced gastritis. Aspirin is known to cause it.

An upper GI endoscopy may be done to confirm it.

You may get relief with Nexium.

Dr.R.K.