Suggest treatment for burning pain in chest

Dr. Mukund Savaskar

General Surgeon

Posted on Wed, 8 Jun 2016 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: I have a burning feeling across my chest and everything smells weird very little pain but feel unwell

Answered by Dr. Mukund Savaskar 49 minutes later
Brief Answer:
need details..

Detailed Answer:
Hi, Dear !! Thanks for your query to HCM.
Read and reviewed your facts in context to your health concerns.

At the outset, any pain arising from the chest needs to be looked cautiously and has to be attended urgently, as it could be related to your heart -like from Ischemic heart disease-Angina. Therefore it would be worthwhile to check out with your Family physician, who would physically check and assess the causes of such burning chest pain.

In the meanwhile update Me with more details- as to following points to suggest you more about dealing with it-
Since how long you have this burning?
Any outside / street food lately ?Any bout of partying with heavy foods and drinks lately?
Any disturbed abdomen from food induced infection(Gastritis with diarrhea from enteritis) lately in last 2-4 days time?
Any increase with spicy, fried diet?
Any history of such illness earlier?
Any IBS with Constipation with GERD(Gastro-Esophageal Reflux Disease)
Any anal lump / or piles / or any anal pain- (from Anal Fissure) ?

Await your updates on your query,to be resolved in next session.

Welcome for any further query in this regard.

Good Day !!
Dr.SavasKar M.N. XXXXXXX Surgical Specilalist
M.S.Genl-CVTS
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Mukund Savaskar 1 hour later
no problems with bowel movements but get stomach pain which can be severe. Chest has been feeling not good for last 5 days, I don't eat spicy foods or have had any bought foods in the last 2 weeks. I don't drink alcohol. burning started 2 days ago across breast line only no where else. had stomach examination at hospital 2 months ago with no problems, Have trouble with sleeping for at least a year. get very tired and at the moment get exhausted.
Answered by Dr. Mukund Savaskar 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Chronic CAD with Angina Pectoris needs to be ruled out !!

Detailed Answer:
Brief Ans-Chronic CAD with Angina Pectoris needs to be ruled out !!

Hi Dear !! Thanks for the updates given.
Read and reviewed facts of your query with the updates given.

Do's Suggested-
In view of your age and 2 mths overall history of gastric complaints and chest discomfort,I would ALERT you to take this complaint of burning across the chest, very seriously and Go to ER Cardiology- urgently.
This is because you seem to be having Chronic heart Ischemia-with partial Coronary Artery Disease(CAD), with resultant low oxygen supply to heart,leading to Angina Pectoris-or burning pain across chest.
The tiredness and exhausted feeling is because of Coronary Artery Disease(CAD).

Urgent Steps-Suggested-
If you have any anti-anginal medicines with you like-
Take Ecosprin 150 mg/ Aspirin- 300 mg
after check up from your GP doctor,after checking the Blood Pressure/ECG and
Take Sorbitrate 5 mg / Depin 10 mg- sublingually.
You should not wait,as you have had burning pain across the breast line.
Other causes would be ruled out by your ER Cardiologist and GP doctor, so I would not discuss on it,as I would suggest You to take this as Angina Pectoris with Chest pain of burning type.
This needs to be ruled out with GERD pain/Intercostal Nerve entrapment pain/ shingles or Herpes Zoster, which are common causes at this age.

Besides all this discussion,Immediate attendance and check up with ER Cardiology is a MUST in your case.
Please update for any help, by any other question in this regard.

Do close this query,by Your pleasing / and excellent comments,to rate this reply and to boost the morale of patients like you at My Virtual Clinic in HCM.

Good Day !!

Dr.Savaskar M.N. XXXXXXX Surgical Specialist
M.S.Genl-CVTS
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj