Suggest treatment for burning in scrotum and penis pain after microwave therapy for prostatits

Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain

Posted on Wed, 6 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I had a transfer al microwave therapy for prostatitis and since the procedure I have had burning in the scrotum and pain in the shaft of the penis
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Probably not due to procedure, urologist evaluatio

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for the query,

I am afraid the symptoms you describe are not certainly due to the procedure you underwent. A detailed medical examination and specific laboratory tests would be very helpful. It might be of interest to note of the testes are also swollen, are painful and if you have noticed any mass there. Any past history of exposure to numerous sexual partners or having unprotected sexual intercourse could be useful. It is imperative to exclude a sexually transmitted infection. Urine analysis and culture, a swab of the urethra, Serological tests for Chlamydia, and Mycoplasma could be very useful.

In case all of these tests are negative, the opinion of a urologist should be sought.
Kind regards as I wish you the best of health.

Dr Bain
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad