Suggest treatment for burning in chest while swallowing food?

Dr. Deepika Patil

General Surgeon

Posted on Tue, 9 Sep 2014 in GERD
Question: I recently had surgery and a tube inserted through my nose into my stomach. My surgery is 3weeks removed and I have a burning in my chest when I swallow when I drink when I eat.heartburn medicine does not seem to work . Also I do burp but not all the time when I should be burping my chest is burning.
Answered by Dr. Deepika Patil 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:
try pantoprazole with levosulpiride

Detailed Answer:
Hi Sir,

Welcome to HealthcareMagic .

Due to presence of tube in stomach and also while removing it there are chances of erosion of lining of food pipe and stomach.

I suggest you to take pantoprazole with levosulpiride combination. Pantoprazole is stronger acid suppressor and helps in healing of erosion and levosulpiride helps in reducing burping and healing of food pipe.

These are prescription drugs. You need to consult your operated doctor once again. Don't worry it will heal but will take time.

Avoid tea , coffee and spicy foods till it heals.

Hope I have answered your query . If any further queries are there I would love to help.

Dr.Deepika Patil
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D