Suggest treatment for burning feeling and swelling in vaginal area after hair removal

Dr. Srilatha Myaka

OBGYN

Posted on Fri, 11 Sep 2015 in Women's Health
Question: I stupidly applied hair removal cream to my vaginal area and think I've done some damage to it. It's burning and swollen. The clitoris is very painful to touch. Any advice on how to treat?
Answered by Dr. Srilatha Myaka 16 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It might be due to allergy

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,welcome to healthcare magic.I understand your concern.
In my opinion you might have got allergy to the chemicals in the hair removal cream.
First stop using the cream.
Take anantihistamines named allegra which will subside the allergic reaction.These antihistamines you can get over the counter.
And always remember that never use the cream again as second time allergic reaction can be severe.
Wear loose cotton inners.Avoid tight clothing.Avoid any scented toilet papers or deodorants.
Dont worry.It will subside mostly.
If doesn't subside in 24-48 hours or any increase in swelling then you might need doctors consultation.
Hope this satisfies your query.
Feel free to discuss furthur.
Best regards...Dr.Srilatha
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj