Suggest treatment for burning discomfort in both knees

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
Hello! I am seeking help for my husband who has suffered from undiagnosed, chronic pain for 7 years. It began as tired achy feet, which turned into burning discomfort in both knees, and continues to evolve into new pain. He has seen many specialists from orthopedic, neurologist, arthritis, chiropractic, alternative types and he continues to suffer without any relief from his pain.
It is not fibromyalgia. The closest thing to a diagnosis is presently treating with humira for possible spondyloarthritis, however after six weeks of treatment there has been no relief.
Every doctor, every x-ray, MRI, has shown husband to be very healthy. He treats for hypothyroidism, but other than that he has no health issues that has been detected.

Posted Mon, 4 Aug 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
he may need combined approach for treatment

Detailed Answer:
Hello I have studied your case.
Have you done HLa B 27 test of ankylosing spondylitis. ?
Epidural steroid shot may help you.
Your orthopaedic surgeon will help you for this.
Many of my patients get relief with yoga and pranayama, and XXXXXXX XXXXXXX so you can also start that.
Daily exercises and diet changes will also help.
Newer biologics like infliximab or rituximab may help to improve,you can take consulting your doctor.
Physiotherapy like ultrasound and Tens may help you.
I hope I have answered your questions. If you have further questions please feel free to ask. I will be happy to answer your question. Take care.