Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for burning discomfort in both knees

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 5165 Questions
Hello! I am seeking help for my husband who has suffered from undiagnosed, chronic pain for 7 years. It began as tired achy feet, which turned into burning discomfort in both knees, and continues to evolve into new pain. He has seen many specialists from orthopedic, neurologist, arthritis, chiropractic, alternative types and he continues to suffer without any relief from his pain.
It is not fibromyalgia. The closest thing to a diagnosis is presently treating with humira for possible spondyloarthritis, however after six weeks of treatment there has been no relief.
Every doctor, every x-ray, MRI, has shown husband to be very healthy. He treats for hypothyroidism, but other than that he has no health issues that has been detected.

Posted Mon, 4 Aug 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
he may need combined approach for treatment

Detailed Answer:
Hello I have studied your case.
Have you done HLa B 27 test of ankylosing spondylitis. ?
Epidural steroid shot may help you.
Your orthopaedic surgeon will help you for this.
Many of my patients get relief with yoga and pranayama, and XXXXXXX XXXXXXX so you can also start that.
Daily exercises and diet changes will also help.
Newer biologics like infliximab or rituximab may help to improve,you can take consulting your doctor.
Physiotherapy like ultrasound and Tens may help you.
I hope I have answered your questions. If you have further questions please feel free to ask. I will be happy to answer your question. Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor