question-icon

Suggest treatment for burning blister on toe

Posted on Sat, 23 May 2015
Question: I have an itchy/burning blister on my toe. Ive tried lotrimin and its not helping. And suggestions?
Its the second toe
Answered by Dr. Dr. Kakkar (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
I suggest a possibility of allergic contact dermatitis

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank you for writing to us

I have taken note of your query and I have also reviewed the Image.
I can see that there is redness, edema of the periungual skin of second toe

Lotrimin is an antifungal. However, this does'nt seem like a fungal infection.

This is more suggestive of either a contact dermatitis, probably allergic contact dermatitis to nail polish Or an insect bite hypersensitivity.

I suggest you to use a moderately potent topical steroid cream e.g either fluticasone propionate 0.05% cream Or triamcinolone acetonide 0.1% cream, twice daily, for a few days.

An over the counter Oral antihistamine e.g cetrizine 10 mg once daily will provide you symptomatic relief from itching.

Dr. Dr. Kakkar

Dermatologist