Suggest treatment for burn marks after Clorox leakage

Posted on Mon, 15 Jun 2015 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I was cleaning the outside of my moms house and some of the clorox leaked out onto the back of my shorts and I have a half dollar size burn on my buttocks. How do I treat it so it can heal.
Answered by Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
several things you should do

Detailed Answer:
Hi and welcome.
First it should be cleand with cold water and soap which you ve already probably done. Such burns usually heal with no complciations. If there is such small burn with no necrosis(black tissue) and no involvement of deeper structures then no antibiotic ointments is required. You should just apply thin layer of ointment, such as petrolatum or aloe vera or Dermazine. After 4-5 days you can start to apply antiscarring ointments with silicone substances which can be found (SCAgel etc.).
Wish you good health. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein

General Surgeon