Suggest treatment for bumps on tongue
lingual tonsillar cyst.
Hi, thanks for your query.
I saw your photo, as far as my knowledge holds, the swelling probably looks like lingual tonsillar cyst.
Does not look like cancer.
Do not worry.
If it increases in size, causes pain, difficulty in moving the tongue, then I would suggest you to consult with the doctor, and get evaluated.
Biopsy and CT SCANNING of neck nay help to detect the cancerous changes.
But right now, no evaluation is needed.
Hope my answers have helped you. Thanks.
No treatment needed
Hi, thanks for your follow up query.
As far as my knowledge holds,There is no treatment to reduce the cyst.
Only if it becomes infected then you should treat with antibiotics. If not no treatment is needed.
That mouth gargle will help you to prevent infection but not reduce the swelling . hope my answers have helped you. Thanks.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for bump on the finger joint
- Bronchitis throat pain small bumps behind tongue opiate user treatment
- Suggest treatment tongue infection
- Treatment and cure for Bumps behind tongue
- Suggest treatment for bruised bump on shin
- What causes raised bumps on tongue after antibiotic treatment
- Suggest treatment for bumps on my clitoris
- Reoccuring bumps on the pennis suggest treatment
- Suggest treatment for fungal infection on tongue
- Nasal congestion bumps behind tongue sore throat treatment