• question-icon

Suggest treatment for bumps on the vagina

Posted on Sat, 22 Jul 2017 in Women's Health
Question: Hi there,
I have had these bumps on my vagina for a while now and its an ongoing problem that one goes away then i get two more. I've seen doctors and they say its because of shaving but i stopped shaving for months and it was still the same thing they gave me a wash to use and it helped dry them but unfortunately they did not go away. I do not have the money to be going to different doctors that all have a different point of view. I want a solution to this problem. These bumps cause excrutiating pain, i cant walk, sit, bend down, or wear jeans even because it hurts so bad. Today i have been in the worst pain and i am tired of it i hope you can please help me.
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Certain information needed

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear, I understand your concerns completely and anxiety about the issue .I have fone through the images you have sent. There is some information I want to ask .
I would like to know that have you been on any contraceptive pill or a sexual partner at all so far?
Also have you ever had blood sugar testing done so far?
If yes then please share your reports
Dr Manisha Jain
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Follow up: Dr. Manisha Jain 1 hour later
Yes I have the nexplanon, and yes i have but when I've gone to the doctors they checked for stds and drew blood and everything and i am fine with that. My main concern is they give me temporary solutions to an ongoing problem.
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 24 hours later
Brief Answer:
Precautions advised

Detailed Answer:
If blood sugars are fine and you are on regular pills then I would like to advise certain regular precautions along with antibiotics for this episode-
- avoid using razors and rather use hair removal creams to remove pubic hair
- always wear a cotton based panty
- always use condoms while having sex despite nexplanon
- ask your partner to have an antibiotic course as well
- avoid eating sweet foods as much as possible
- always use tissue paper to wipe after you pee
- use vaginal hygiene wash daily
Take the above precautions and see if there is a difference
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Dr. Manisha Jain

OBGYN