• question-icon

Suggest treatment for bumps on the vagina

Posted on Tue, 5 Jul 2016 in Women's Health
Question: Hello. Four months ago i noticed a few bumps in my vagina. They did not hurt, itch, or burn. I thought they were pimples so I tried to pop them and they became very irritated. They turned almost a purple ish color. I left then alone for several days and applied a warm wash cloth at night. They ended up going away snd i thought nothing about them. Two days ago i notced two of these bumps had come back. One of them consdierably bigger than the other. They do not hurt that bad or itch. But when i pee they burn and they are very uncomforting. Underneath the larger one feels like a hard like a knot. Please help me. I am very worried
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 34 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I will suggest you get evaluated for this!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about these bumps that you have reported. They are suggestive of a bacterial infection but not an STD. I will suggest that you get it examined for diagnosis and treatment. I believe you need an antibiotic else they would keep recurring. These bumps are most likely caused by the germ called staphylococcus seen the pussy look of these bumps.

I hope this helps. I wish you well. Feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be. Above all, thanks for using our services.
Follow up: Dr. Chobufo Ditah 4 minutes later
Here is another pictures
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 3 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Thanks!

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for the additional image. I have reviewed it fully as well. I will suggest that you stick to the above directives and keep me updated.

I await you updates.
Follow up: Dr. Chobufo Ditah 9 hours later
Do you think this could possibly be genital Herpes?
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
NO!

Detailed Answer:

Herpes is painful and presents with clean ulcers and not pus filled. It starts with fluid filled vesicles that get ruptured and give place to an clean ulcer. This resembles more of a bacterial infection. However, you can request a test for HSV2 for definitive answers.

I wish you well and keep me posted and updated.
Dr. Chobufo Ditah