Suggest treatment for bumps on the vagina after a Brazilian wax

Dr. Sudha Rani Panagar

OBGYN

Posted on Wed, 22 Mar 2017 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Question: I got a Brazilian wax 10 days ago and then had oral and sex with a new partner two days later. This is the first person I have been with since my marriage of 15 years.

A few days ago I noticed white bumps on my vagina. I am prone to getting them after waxing but we had a lot of sex for about 5 hours.

I have no other herpes symptoms like fatigue or sickness. I got tested yesterday but the results will take a week.

Can anyone say if it looks like herpes? I just can't believe this and am devastated. They are not clusters, just single white ones. I have pictures.
Answered by Dr. Sudha Rani Panagar 45 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Madam,it does not seems to be herpes...u can relax.

Detailed Answer:

Well,i would like to discuss with the information you have shared.I have gone through the pictures you have sent.
Firstly,information about wax being done.Usually during wax procedure,hairs are being pulled forcefully,this may sometimes cause damage to hair follicle making more prone for infection.
So i guess you have got bumps on the area where wax was done as described above.
Secondly,as you have done sex with a new partner there are chances of sexually transmitted diseases too.But, as you have told you are not having sickness,fatigue,bumps in clusters etc,these feature may not fit into sexually transmitted diseases.
As per pictures the bumps don't suit to the diagnosis of sexually transmitted diseases.

With above small discussion you can try out my suggestions:-
1.Have patience, don't panic.
2.Hair follicle infection can be treated with antibiotics successfully.
3.Visit a nearby gynecologist or dermatologist to have look and rule out other infections.
I hope this information was helpful,useful and informative for your query.
Regards-Dr.Sudha XXXXXXX panagar.MBBS,MS(obstetrics and gynecology)
Get well soon.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad