Suggest treatment for bumps on the penile head

Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin

Posted on Tue, 23 Aug 2016 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I noticed two painless bumps on my penis head. One bump, the second picture, appeared a few months ago and i thought nothing of it due to it being tiny and painless. The second one just appaered this week and it is also painless. Should i be at all worried about them? I have my annual checkup with my GP in two weeks so I will be sure to bring them up there as well.
Answered by Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Needs STD screen

Detailed Answer:
Hi! Welcome to health care magic! Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. We will try to help you in best way possible.

Based on the history you have shared, and by the look of it, though it looks benign however if you are sexualy active during this period then getting a screen for STDs during annual check up which is coming in next two weeks specially syphilis screening with VDRL testing should be ensured. Otherwise doesn't seem much to be worried about.

Hope this has answered your query, if you have any more questions, feel free to ask. Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng