question-icon

Suggest treatment for bumps on the head of the penis

Posted on Fri, 22 Jul 2016
Question: Hi sir,
2 years back I had little bumps on my pennis head, I took medication from urologist, he told me not to worry and had detailed checkup and did all the tests, I never had sex, but I masturbate .., after this problem I always keep foreskin of my pennis back, but now skin of my pennis head looks rough and also there are little black spots on my pennis head ... And I noticed one thing that there appears a little red spot at the tip of my pennis head aroun the urine hole of my pennis every time I masturbate and sometimes below foreskin..., what should I do is it safe to have sex ??? Is my pennis healthy??
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil (33 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Please consult qualified Urologist for evaluation .

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for your query .You had Ballanitis 2 years back which was treated with medications but since then you have been keeping your foreskin retracted exposing your glans penis as does happen after circumcision .

Now your glans penis is some what rough may be because of exposure and contamination with clothes and rough handling during masturbation and has developed redness around external urinary meatus. This is mostly due to mild infection of the meatus .

You need to take broad spectrum antibiotic like Cefotaxime along with anti inflammatory drug like Diclofenac twice daily along with topical antibiotic ointment like Neosporin twice daily.

Ensure to wash your genitals with warm water twice daily.

If you have difficulty in retraction of foreskin he may advice you to get circumcised .

There is no reason why you should not have sex .You can certainly have a safe sex by using lubricant .

Hope I have answered your query, please feel free to ask if you have more questions , I shall be happy to help you .

Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist