Suggest treatment for bumps on the elbow
Keratosis pilaris; oral vitamin A supplement
Hello. Thank you for writing to us.
I have gone throuh your query and i have reviewed the image.
I can see pin head sized, grouped, discrete, red colored, follicular papules/ bumps on elbow with keratin plugging.
These are keratosis pilaris/ Kp's.
Keratosis pilaris are keratin plugging of follicular orifices.
They can occur on elbows, knee, outer arms, thighs etc.
Kp's are more common in those who are atopic and have a dry skin.
I suggest an oral vitamin A supplement 25000 IU, twice a day for 1 month. Vitamin A helps exfoliate keratin plugs and thus proves beneficial in this skin condition.
You may visit your doctor for a clinical examination and for a prescription.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the treatment for painless bump on right elbow
- Suggest treatment for hard painful lump on elbow
- Suggest treatment for itching in handsknucklesfacechest and elbows
- Suggest treatment for itching on elbows
- Suggest treatment for tennis elbow
- Suggest treatment for painful bruise on the elbow
- Suggest treatment for injured painful elbow
- Suggest treatment to cure an open lump on elbow
- Have painful bump on elbow no swelling treatment
- Suggest treatment for pain in elbows