Suggest treatment for bumps on breasts
Thanks for contacting HCM with your health care concerns
You recently noted a bump on your breast and you expressed white substance. What you squeezed is a sebaceous cyst. These are common lumps found all over the body but more frequently in areas like the nipple. This is not an infection. It is an overgrown oil gland. By expressing the material you run the risk of causing infection. I recommend that you allow the area to heal naturally. And do not try expressing or squeezing the cyst any more. If the cyst become infected you may need antibiotics. If the cyst gets too large then it must be surgically removed.
1. Sebaceous cyst
2. Not infection
3. Do not express or squeeze cyst as you can cause infection
4. if it enlarges then it can be surgically removed
I hope I answered your question. Please contact me again with your health care questions and concerns
OK to put something on it
It is OK to put an antibiotic ointment and keep the area clean with soap water and peroxide if needed.
I just do not want you to squeeze the area. Squeezing can actually cause more damage and spread the infection.
Stop pressing it
Yes continued irritation to the lump with cause it to stay irritated. The lump may actually never go away. The only true way to have the disappear is to have it surgically cut out. Allow nature to heal the area.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Small red bumps on face suggest the treatment
- Suggest treatment for soreness of breast
- Suggest treatment for bump on the finger joint
- Suggest treatment for bruised bump on shin
- Bump and bruise on forehead following fall suggest treatment
- Suggest treatment for itchyred bumps that turn purple
- Suggest treatment for bumps on my clitoris
- Reoccuring bumps on the pennis suggest treatment
- Suggest treatment for breast cancer
- Ayurvedic treatment breast red bumps