Suggest treatment for bump on vagina

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Dec 2013
Dec 2013

Dermatologist
Question
Hello, I recently had a casual sexual encounter where I did not know the partners history. Two months later I found this bump on my vagina. I'm pretty sure it's related to the sexual encounter I had. It is painless and does not burn or itch. It has been there about a month. It feels firm and hard. Can you inform me if this is herpes, HPV wart or which std this is? I have attached 4 pictures (you may need to reduce size or scroll down to see the bump). Thank you for your help.
Posted Sun, 17 Aug 2014 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Appears to be cyst; take picture in illumination

Detailed Answer:

Welcome and thanks for posting your query to the forum.

I can understand your concern for the bump on vaginal lip.

Let me first relax you that after analyzing the picture it appears to be a simple cyst and does not appear as any type of Sexually transmitted disease like herpes or wart or anything related.

The picture is bit hazy with poor illumination and on magnification become blur.In view to help and guide you best I request you to please upload few good resolution pictures of the affected area with good illumination and resolution so that I can analyze it better.

Kindly send good resolution pictures focusing the area of concern which can be seen on higher magnification. For uploading the pictures you have a facility on the right side of the page or can send on:

YYYY@YYYY

with "attention:Dr Sanjay Kumar Kanodia"

The pictures will be confidential and will not be available for anyone else to see except me.

Hope to hear soon from your side.

With regards,

Dr Sanjay Kumar Kanodia
MD- Dermatology & Sexually transmitted diseases