Suggest treatment for bump on the lip
not likely related to herpes
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic
It is not likely herpes, there is not usually pus associated with herpes lesions unless the lesions have been infected with bacteria.
Meaning herpes is a viral infection- if the 'bumps' from herpes become infected with a bacteria, possibly from the surrounding skin, then pus can occur.
The use of the diluted peroxide is fine, this can be combined with a topical antibiotic that can be used twice daily.
Topical antibiotics creams are usually over the counter eg neosporin, fucidin, bactroban
I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
would improve on its own
Part of pimple formation requires the presence of a a particular bacteria, this is one of reasons that an antibiotic cream is suggested.
The discoloration is due to inflammation of the skin and would improve on its own, though this can occur slowly.
Apply aloe or vitamin e creams may help with this
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for canker sores inside the lip
- Suggest treatment for chapped lips
- What treatment is suggested for canker sore on lower lip
- What is the treatment for bumps on my lip
- Suggest treatment for chronic dry lips
- Suggest treatment for dryness and itchiness under the lips
- Bump on lip treatment
- Suggest treatment for dry lips
- Suggest treatment for pigmentation of lips
- Suggest treatment for open lip after an injury