Suggest treatment for bump on penis

Dr. Harish Naik

Posted on Mon, 6 Jun 2016 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Question: Hello about a month and 2 weeks ago i had sex i had a blow job and used a condom for the sex after 3 weeks later its spring break and im just chilling in the house i didnt take a shower for about 4 days and i notice my penis is smelly i wash it with water and all the soaps shampoos i can find later after inspecting my penis i see a small bump very hard to see it did not itch or anything until 4 days later i panicked and pinched it i have very long finger nails and later it started to itch and also every once and a while i get a sting that lasts about 1 seconds the other doctors i asked said it did not look like herpes and said it could be an early genital wart but they didnt think so it didnt increase in size the stinging sensation i felt start to feel not that often during the day and the bump turned flat and it looks like the skin on penis the other doctors said it was normal and it was due to the eruption i want to know your take on it the location now looks about the same color as penis area and it hard to spot i have earlier pics but the bump looks like it went down im getting checked for std just in case tommrw i want to know what you think and also when i first pinched it a felt like a tingling feeling but it went away in about 2 days

also no pain during urination no fatguie no lower back pain but i do get head aches probblay caused by myself
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
From the pictures, they don't look like herpes.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome.
I have gone through your query and the pictures.
From the pictures it is difficult to make out but i feel they don't look like herpes.
I have gone through the picture, they appear to be fordyce spots based on the picture.
I would advice you not to scrub roughly, so they don't burst. They are totally benign and resolve on its own.

Avoid friction, use loose cotton undergarments, use antiperspirant powder to keep the area dry. I would suggest you to wash it with cool water and with mild soap like dermadew or dove. You can apply dermadew cream twice daily it will be beneficial. This measures will be enough.

This provisional advice provided by me is based entirely on the input provided to me. I would suggest examination by the doctor.

I hope this suggestion might be of some help to you.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad