Suggest treatment for bump in the armpit
Oral and topical antibiotic and oral antiinflammatory
Hello. Thank you for writing to us
I am dr.kakkar(dermatologist). I have gone through your query and i have noted your concern.
The area is definitely infected since it is painful and swollen and tender.
I would suggest a course of an oral antibiotic e.g either Amoxicillin/clavulanic acid 625mg, three times a day for 7 days Or Cephalexin 500 mg, three times a day for 7 days.
You may also take an oral antiinflammatory/ painkiller e.g ibuprofen or diclofenac, twice daily, for symptomatic relief.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for bump on the finger joint
- Suggest treatment for bruised bump on shin
- Suggest treatment for ocd treatment
- Bump and bruise on forehead following fall suggest treatment
- Red itchy rash in armpits suggest treatment
- Suggest treatment for bumps on my clitoris
- Reoccuring bumps on the pennis suggest treatment
- Suggest treatment for lump in the armpits
- Suggest treatment for sore and numb armpit
- Suggest treatment for hives like symptoms on handselbowschest and armpit