Suggest treatment for bump at the base of penis

Dr. Harish Naik

Posted on Mon, 6 Jun 2016 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I have a small, hard, not itchy, non painful bump on the base of my penis. It seems to have appeared around aug 2015 ( found this bg lookkng at old pictures) but did not discover it until novermber or december. I had not had unprotected sex since the previous janurary and prior to that i had always used condoms or knew the sexyal history of my partners. Once i found the spot, i picked it off and it did not puss, just bled and healed fine. About a month and a half later it reappeared in the exact same spot and same size. It has not grown or mulitpled since. I have also tried the vinager testand it did not turn white as most genital warts do. Additionally, there seems to be a hair growing out the side which i have heard genital warts do not do. I am unsure of what it is and unfortunately, at this time indo not have health insureance. Is it mollescum, genital warts, skin tag, etc. tha ks for the help. I am just concerned about STD's. Ibhave included pictures.
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Might be Fordyce spot, self resolving

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to HCM

I have gone through the picture, they appear to be fordyce spots based on the picture. Frequent shaving, that causes the sebem been clogged, due to blocking off pores.

I would advice you not to scrub roughly, so they don't burst. They are totally benign and resolve on its own.

Avoid friction, use loose cotton undergarments, use antiperspirant powder to keep the area dry. This measures will be enough.

Tretinoin gel/cream can be applied directly onto the affected skin, it is prescription based medicine, so get it you have to see doctor.

This provisional advice provided by me is based entirely on the input provided to me. I would suggest examination by the doctor.

I hope this suggestion might be of some help to you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad