Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
146 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Suggest treatment for bump at the base of penis

Answered by
Dr. Harish Naik

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :2008

Answered : 2617 Questions

Posted on Mon, 6 Jun 2016 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I have a small, hard, not itchy, non painful bump on the base of my penis. It seems to have appeared around aug 2015 ( found this bg lookkng at old pictures) but did not discover it until novermber or december. I had not had unprotected sex since the previous janurary and prior to that i had always used condoms or knew the sexyal history of my partners. Once i found the spot, i picked it off and it did not puss, just bled and healed fine. About a month and a half later it reappeared in the exact same spot and same size. It has not grown or mulitpled since. I have also tried the vinager testand it did not turn white as most genital warts do. Additionally, there seems to be a hair growing out the side which i have heard genital warts do not do. I am unsure of what it is and unfortunately, at this time indo not have health insureance. Is it mollescum, genital warts, skin tag, etc. tha ks for the help. I am just concerned about STD's. Ibhave included pictures.
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Might be Fordyce spot, self resolving

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to HCM

I have gone through the picture, they appear to be fordyce spots based on the picture. Frequent shaving, that causes the sebem been clogged, due to blocking off pores.

I would advice you not to scrub roughly, so they don't burst. They are totally benign and resolve on its own.

Avoid friction, use loose cotton undergarments, use antiperspirant powder to keep the area dry. This measures will be enough.

Tretinoin gel/cream can be applied directly onto the affected skin, it is prescription based medicine, so get it you have to see doctor.

This provisional advice provided by me is based entirely on the input provided to me. I would suggest examination by the doctor.

I hope this suggestion might be of some help to you.
Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,  

Recent questions on  Tretinoin

doctor1 MD

I picked up my prescription for Neosalus cream. I had some left in the old tube, so it was a couple weeks before I opened the prescription package....

doctor1 MD

I started using a Retin A product called acretin 0.05. it's my first time on retin a products. I've been prescribed this cream because I got mild...

doctor1 MD

Some area of my face skin has black patches. I used to not have it before. The remaining face skin is soft smooth and young. Please help in...

doctor1 MD

Hi I have something that appears to be a cyst on my face. It has been around for 20 days. Would you recommend that i see a dermatologist and...

doctor1 MD

Sir,I am Mala Singha,a habitant of Kolkata.The colour of my throat and face is very black.Many people laugh for this.I want to become clean as soon...

doctor1 MD

Hi I am 33 yrs married woman and suffering with acne since 15 years. Al long as I am under treatment( clindamycin) my skin is good and as soon as I...