• question-icon

    Suggest treatment for bump at the base of penis

Posted on Fri, 3 Jun 2016 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I have a singe, hard, non itchy, nonpainful bump on the base of my penis. It appeared aboit 4 months after having unprotected sex. Prior to this i did not have sex woth anyone whos sexyal history i doid not know about you no had been tested. When it forst appeared i picked it of which i should not have done, bit no puss came out, just a little blood and it healed fine. About a month and a half later it reappeared in the exact same place and the exact same size. The bump has not grown in size nor multipled since it had appeared. I also tried the vinager test and it did not change to white ( i am notnsure the accuracy of this). Additinally, there is a hair growing from it, which i have read genital warts cannot grow hair from them. I am unsure what this is and unfortunately at this time indo not have health insurance. I have provided images as well. Thank you for your help.
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 52 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Looks like a wart

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for being at Health Care Magic
I have reviewed the attached photographs and it is looking like a wart.

You need to consult a doctor and get it removed through cauterization either chemically or electrically.

Dr Asmeet
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Answered by
Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney


Practicing since :2007

Answered : 4407 Questions


The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on

Recent questions on  Wart

doctor1 MD

I had a planter wart removed by a foot doctor 3 weeks ago, he cut it out. went back after 1st week he said it looked good. he put medicine on it...

doctor1 MD

Hi, i am 29 years old, and i have genital wart, i went to see the doctor and he suggest me to apply podowart, i had apply it and after one week the...

doctor1 MD

i have had genital warts for more than 5years an i have no insurance and i am trying to get it treated . i have previously had gonerreah and...

doctor1 MD

Hi doctor, i have small little lumps on my scrotum and penis they look like Fordyce spots, but at the back off my mouth on my tounge it looks like...

doctor1 MD

What kinda of infection or rash accures when you have unprotected sex with a woman who has had a miscarriage and cervical cancer .

doctor1 MD

What causes bumps in pubic area in men? The bumps looks like acne and folliculitis but without any pus

doctor1 MD

Hi doctor, May I asked how Long does it take for a Herpes lension to go away after a patient took the Oral anti viral medication with cream. How to...

Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties

180 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM Blog Questions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction
Questions Answered By Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney
  • Q - What are the symptoms of scabies?

  • Q - Suggest treatment for superficial folliculitis on inner thigh

  • Q - Suggest treatment for graying of hair and hair loss

  • Q - What causes red colored lesion on the hips?

  • Q - Suggest treatment for dry lips

  • Q - Suggest treatment for recurrent acne

  • Q - Suggest treatment for itching in the armpits

  • Q - What causes tiny skin tags in neck area?

  • Q - How to get rid of body lice?

  • Q - Suggest treatment for itching on neck, hands and legs