• question-icon

Suggest treatment for bump at the base of penis

Posted on Fri, 3 Jun 2016 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I have a singe, hard, non itchy, nonpainful bump on the base of my penis. It appeared aboit 4 months after having unprotected sex. Prior to this i did not have sex woth anyone whos sexyal history i doid not know about you no had been tested. When it forst appeared i picked it of which i should not have done, bit no puss came out, just a little blood and it healed fine. About a month and a half later it reappeared in the exact same place and the exact same size. The bump has not grown in size nor multipled since it had appeared. I also tried the vinager test and it did not change to white ( i am notnsure the accuracy of this). Additinally, there is a hair growing from it, which i have read genital warts cannot grow hair from them. I am unsure what this is and unfortunately at this time indo not have health insurance. I have provided images as well. Thank you for your help.
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 52 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Looks like a wart

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for being at Health Care Magic
I have reviewed the attached photographs and it is looking like a wart.

You need to consult a doctor and get it removed through cauterization either chemically or electrically.

Dr Asmeet
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Dermatologist