Suggest treatment for bruises on the inner thighs

Posted on Fri, 26 May 2017 in Women's Health
Question: I woke up and found bruises on my inner thigh all the way around my leg and a squiggly on my outher leg.should I immediately go to hospital? And what is it from?
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Needs evaluation.

Detailed Answer:
Development of large purple bruises on your legs spontaneously without any history of injury is suggestive of a bleeding disorder. Prolonged intake of aspirin can be the cause. You need to consult your physician to get a complete blood coagulation profile checked with APTT and platelet count to rule out other possible causes like thrombocytopenia.
This can also happen due to a viral infection in the recent past- decreases the synthesis of platelets from the bone marrow.
Presence of any autoimmune disorders also needs to be ruled out.
The treatment is based on the diagnosis and severity of the problem. Treatment is usually done by stopping aspirin, fluid infusion, steroids, immunoglobulins, blood transfusions, etc according to the severity of the condition.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon